Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Top 10 Thoughts of an NEF

As one of the newly engaged (fondly [or not so fondly :)] known as an NEF), I consider myself somewhat of an expert on what it is that an NEF thinks about. Truthfully, I can only say this from my own recent experience, but everything mentioned has gone through my head at least once.

10.   I have a chosson. I HAVE A CHOSSON. I HAVE A CHOSSON!?!?!?!?
9.     Look at the clouds go by … things are so lovely up here on cloud 9 … the rainbows are so pretty … the sky is so blue ...
8.     The wedding is all planned, but there’s so much I need to do. I need to get my pots, pans, silverware, china, paper goods, sheva brochos outfits, get my ring sized, pick up the dry cleaning, cook for Shabbos because my chosson is coming over, call my inlaws, go to my chosson’s sister’s niece’s wedding, run to work, run to the store, do my homework….
7.    My chosson is coming. I have to go do my hair and makeup so I can look beautiful for him.
6.    This isn’t really happening. These kinds of things only happen to other girls. They get engaged – not me.
5.    I’m getting married. I’M GETTING MARRIED. I’M GETTING MARRIED?!?!?
3.    Rose colored glasses really change your perspective on things.
2.    I have a chosson. I HAVE A CHOSSON. I HAVE A CHOSSON!?!?!?!?
 

And the number one thought running through an NEF's mind (at least this NEF)  -
1.    I’m no longer in shidduchim!!!!!!!! I don’t have to worry about what the shadchanim are going to think of me because the only one who matters now is the chosson – and if he’s not seeing me, I don’t need to really get dressed.


NOTE: Yes, I know #4 is missing, but come on - have you ever seen an NEF who could count?

4 comments:

itsagift said...

Hysterical post.

Did you also notice that you wrote #9 twice?

You are such a kallah!! I'm enjoying watching it. :-D

MusingMaidel said...

@itsagift - Number 9 was part of cloud 9, not a new number

Rivki Silver said...

So funny, and so true! I still remember 2 1/2 years ago when I was in Kallah-land. Hatzlacha with all the preparations, and enjoy (And yes, it's really happening)!

Something Different said...

Really cute.


I'm guessing that the absence of number four indicates that you now realize that top ten lists are harder than they look.

Related Posts with Thumbnails