Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Long Time No Speak

You know how it is when you call up a friend you haven't spoken to in a while? You finally work up the courage to call, and it's just so.... stilted. There's that awkward "hi, it's me. How are you?" that starts off the conversation. Then there's that standard silence where the other person tries to figure out who you are and why you're calling. When they finally place you, there's an "Oh hi! What's new with you?" and the conversation (if there is any) flows from there.

Lately, though, it's been worse. Every time I speak to someone I haven't spoken to since I got married they ask "Nu, so how's married life?"

I've kinda been feeling that way about the blog. I've wanted to write. It's been so long since my last post and I've had a lot to say (most of which have gone the way of all good thoughts - out of memory).

But I've been scared of the awkward silence. Of all my readers having gone on to more frequently posted pastures. Of calling into the blogosphere and having everyone be thinking "Musing Maidel, who's that?"

But I've bitten the bullet.

I've said something.

Hi. How are you? How've you been the last few months? I'm back in the world of the posting and hope to pop in relatively frequently.

And yes, B"H, married life is wonderful. Busy, but wonderful...

7 comments:

ks said...

Hi,
I love reading your blog and was so happy to see you;ve got a new post!
Great to have you back!

aminspiration said...

Welcome, and how annoying is the question "hows married life" just out of curiosity?

itsagift said...

Hey! Welcome back! It's good to read from you again!And no, I didn't forget who you are - not so fast!

It's a nice post for coming back - I like it. :-) Different, but good.

I shall keep reading (and commenting-our deal is still on, right?!), as long as you keep posting...

MusingMaidel said...

ks - nice to hear from you. Have you ever commented before?

animspiration - I'm not sure I know how to read your question. Are you empathizing with me or asking me?

itsagift - of course our deal is still on! But just out of curiosity, how is this post different than other posts? I wonder if my writing style has changed with my marriage...

itsagift said...

MM-Glad our deal is still on! [shake hands here]
It's not a typical "long time no post" kind of post and that's why I like it. It's different and I enjoyed reading it.

Now I can't tell you if your writing style has changed along with your new status as a married woman just yet. I guess I'd have to see some more posts before I can come to a definite conclusion. :-)

aminspiration said...

MM- Well i cant really relate seeing as I am not married but it seems to be an annoying question and i was wondering if i was correct in this assumption?

MusingMaidel said...

aminspiration - it is annoying, but I understand why they're asking, so it's not that bad. There are two parts to the annoyance of that question 1- they're not usually interested in the answer, so you don't give them a real answer, and then what's the point? and 2- any question that you get all the time is annoying. It's like in 12th grade, you always get the question about where you're going to sem and after you come home from sem, you get the standard "so how was it?" It just gets kinds of repetitive...

Related Posts with Thumbnails