Tuesday, May 25, 2010

♪ Happy Blogoversary to me ♪

Today's my blogoversary, so I'll reward my patient readers with an extra post this week.  Don't get your hopes up - it's not much of anything.

First of all, I came across a beautiful post by Rachel Simon, author of one of my favorite books Riding the Bus with my Sister - for special sibs, it's a must-read. I first heard about it at the Yachad family shabbaton when I was in 12th grade, and it went a long way to helping me accept my sister and myself as who we are. I actually corresponded with the author once or twice.

Second, I wanted to remind you of a post long ago relegated to the archives - my first real post, actually. I just reread it and was surprised at its profundity. Let me know what you think (here or there).

Third, I wanted to reflect on what I've gained in the last year of blogging. I've definitely matured as a writer and thinker. My musings make more sense, have more validity, even in my own head. Sharing with all of you has really given me the means to refine myself, and I truly appreciate all of my readers - whoever they may be.

So, keep those comments coming, and stay tuned for next week's post!

6 comments:

itsagift said...

Mazel tov on your blogoversary! May you continue to post lots of good things. :)
And remember, you are allowed to post more than once a week! :-)

It took a while to get my comment up here because you gave me lots of reading material with all the links you provided.
I think it's amazing that she treats her sister so well and wants to be there for her at all times. I'm truly wow'ed!

And btw, what ever happened to those weekly parsha posts? (Not that you'll get away with your once a week posts but... :-p)

HZ said...

Put back the Rashi's wife post. It was really good.

MusingMaidel said...

HZ - I will. I was planning on posting it later in the week or next week and accidentally published it. Stay tuned ...

HZ said...

Okay. I was just surprised when I clicked to comment how it suddenly disappeared.
I'll save the comment for when you publish it.

MusingMaidel said...

HZ - Glad you enjoyed your sneak preview. Looking forward to seeing what you have to say! Make sure not to forget it

MusingMaidel said...

HZ - I decided to post it today cuz it was already on google reader. I tweaked it a drop, but feel free to add your comment now.

Related Posts with Thumbnails